Casino Night Fundraiser
Are you in the process of planning a casino night fundraiser? Are you trying to raise money for a great cause? We are here to help with the best casino night fundraiser ideas Chicago has to offer.
The GSH Casino Parties team has over 20 years of fundraising and event planning experience. We have learned all there is to know about casino themed parties and charitable gaming events. We want to share our knowledge and experience with you so you can plan and execute a memorable casino night fundraiser.
Casino Themed Party vs. Charitable Gaming
We would like to share with you a list of the pros and cons so you can determine the best route for your casino night fundraiser.
Charitable Gaming – Pros
- Make money through door, and extra money through re-buys.
- People pay money for chips.
- Draw large crowds due to gambling aspect.
Charitable Gaming – Cons
- Charitable Organization (CO), Venue (provider), and Casino Supplier (CS) all must be licensed through the State of IL.
- If Venue is not licensed, they may force CO to pay for temporary license.
- Must provide volunteers to deal gaming tables (typically 2 for each game is recommended).
- It is illegal for CS to provide you any insight on the planning for your night. They cannot give you recommendations, consultations, or advice in any way. They also cannot help promote your event in any way, nor can they assist you during an event in any way.
- If guests have the opportunity to cash out, you run the risk of a big winner, which takes money away from the charity. The worst case scenario would be that the charity loses money on the entire event. People always say, “The House always wins.” That is only the case when the house never closes and deals millions of hands. If you have a casino with a limited time (3-6 hours), the house can definitely lose!
- State Officials have the right to show up to your event at any given time. If they find that anything is out of place or any rules/laws are being broken, fines will be assessed to all parties affiliated and licenses will be revoked permanently.
Casino Themed Party – Pros
- No license needed for any group (CO, Provider, CS).
- No pressure on volunteers to learn, deal games, and show up to the event.
- Have a professional staff that are there to entertain, teach, and engage with guests.
- CS can help provide assistance in your planning phase with venues, catering, raffle prizes, etc.
- All parties can promote your event via social media.
- Guests have the opportunity to win prizes.
Casino Themed Party – Cons
- No opportunity to earn extra money through casino. Anyone that pays to get through the door gets to play casino games for free.
- Costs are higher due to paying for dealer/entertainer staff.
As always, we here at GSH Casino Parties like to provide you with as much information as possible. Visit the Illinois Dept. of Revenue for the information you will need regarding a charitable fundraising event.
It is HIGHLY recommended that you read through the Charitable Gaming section in full if you decide to go this route. Be sure you look into all of your suppliers and vendors because the last thing you want is for someone else to ruin your special event!
Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions or concerns regarding your event. We are here to help you, your staff, and your organization.